The goal of this page is to bring together creativity, authenticity and consciousness, and create a cohesive unifying theory. The reason for doing this, is that during my creative work and teaching on creativity, I kept finding these three domains getting connected again and again. But above all, I find when I follow my theory, the results are very rewarding, if not surprising sometimes.
And this new, combined domain, proves to be fertile ground for experiments to stimulate creativity, to innovate, with new models of thinking. As a side effect, it makes me happier and more successful too.
Each of the domains, creativity, authenticity and consciousness, deserve a page, if not a site, of its own. A quick search at an online bookshop shows the plethora of publications available, suggesting a large audience interested to learn more. But, I restrict myself to a long page, perhaps several pages, to make my point.
As I combine these three domains, I hope to achieve the following:
- Explain concisely what I mean by each domain
- Show the logic or science behind how I see each domain
- Illustrate how they are tied together and what makes this combination powerful
The reality we live in
Let start with where we are now: current reality. There are two main views that describe the reality we live in:
- This is a material reality, everything is matter or a form thereof
- This is a virtual or information-based reality
The materialistic view has helped us a great deal in terms of For example technology and medicine. But, I ran into problems when I tried to find explanations on for example Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) related events. ESP domains 1Source: Dean Radin (https://www.realmagicbook.com/real-magic):
- Force of will
None of the above one can explain within the materialistic world-view. Mainly the feedback says, “it is delusion” or coincidence or faulty studies. However, when one looks close at the research, it proves to be of a consistent high quality and frequently appearing. The problem is, the phenomenon behaves within a different rule set than the time-based cause-and-effect paradigm.
The virtual reality view makes much more sense and solves the ESP problems, and better. One such version of the VR world view is called the Larger Consciousness System, as defined by Tom Campbell. This VR is not the computer-generated VR of future humans who play around. The reality I speak about behaves organically and is aware. There are many other descriptors of this system such the daemonic (daemonic) reality, God, or source. A note though, with consciousness I do not mean a form of awareness created by the brain.
If this appeals to you, then this guide may be for you as well. To me, it is like I am a detective who unravels a mystery, That is to say, I do not claim to be an expert, and therefore I do not claim to have all the answers. This document evolves from a very brief outline to a well-written text, I hope.
Creativity, Authenticity, and Consciousness
At its core, creativity to me means the activity of creating. Creating, I differentiate from replicating. Replicating is like cloning, repeating or duplicating. Creating comes more from an authentic position. Even so, one can create something from this authentic position, and still produce something that has been done before. Even then, I consider it a creation process.
Thus, creativity requires a certain amount of “not knowing” or “not being aware of”. Creativity also needs isolation of other’s opinions. The creative person turns off the little nagging voice inside the mind. At that moment, other pieces of information, and perhaps even skill and so-called talent.
You do not need to agree with the above definitions, I don’t expect that. I just want to make clear -my- thinking on this.
Throughout my creative life, I have seen how “my” ideas were also someone else’s idea. At first, I thought about coincidence and a logical progression from one design phase into another. And this still accounts for many of the same ideas that pop up. However, there was a category which were more like premonitions or foresight.
The idea began to form that there is perhaps a source of ideas where people can tap into. Like a radio receiver tuning into a certain frequency. This idea faded and came back time and time again, like ebb and flow. Only much later in life I connected this to clairvoyance, remote viewing and other ESP related matters.
After I made that connection, it didn’t take me long to recognize the relationship between feeling great and great ideas. Furthermore, when I place myself in a situation of feeling great (love) magic happens. When magic happens information comes to me, or, when information comes to me magic happens. So, when I listen to music, any kind of music that I enjoy, I dream off. Pieces of information in the form of images, feelings, smells, taste or sounds come to me. Yes, indeed, the five senses represent the information I get.
My (VR) brain translates on the fly the data into understandable information, how wonderful is this! As long as I can stop this endless blabbering of my mind, data can come through. You can read more about this when you look into the various brain states and ways to influence them. Take binaural beats, for example, a simple tool. But, being in the flow whilst running works fine too.
In my world-view, we are here to learn and improve. My consciousness continues when my body stops functioning in this VR. After that moment of death, most of my life memories have become irrelevant. After some (non) time I come back, learn again, leave that life and this cycle continues. At some point, there might be nothing to learn, and I won’t come back. I dread that moment already.
The theory on the Larger Consciousness System, as outlined below, has a core thesis. The system strives towards low entropy, order. Order means optimal collaboration, minimal of chaos or disorder. In more holistic terms, low entropy means love, and high entropy means fear. To me, these sound too New Age, and I do not feel comfortable using those.
The point, however, is that my (our) life is about letting go of fear and be more love. Well, easier said than done, of course. There are about seven billion people on this spinning ball, all are doing their thing. But, I got inspired by a quote attributed to Gabriel Garcia Márquez 2https://books.google.fi/books?id=hQZVWT1ieYcC
I read that quote and knew the key to my personal success as a human being. I need to lower my entropy by bringing closer and closer my three lives. When I do so, I reduce fear as I am less and less bothered by the criticism of others and my doubts. And thus I set out on a quest. Gradually the past few years I began to paint, illustrate and photograph. Each early project I monitored carefully and noticed how I occasionally:
- Compared myself to others
- this and that renowned artist is better
- they started when they were young, I am nearly 50 years old
- they have all the time and a studio
- Spent time on devaluing my efforts
- it is not good
- I can never reach “that” level
- distracted myself completely
- let me get back to this another time
- forced myself to be productive
- I need to finish this now, otherwise I am a failure
- People said in my youth I never finish anything
- found excuses to not continue … and more
I soon got fed up with this internal whining. My career as a service designer and software entrepreneur had run to an end. In short: the last 10 years of that period, I felt increasingly miserable. So, what is there to lose when I apply my theory on creativity?
And so, I turned a page in my book. My breakthrough moment was when I painted two single tits at home. Our kids were in their teenage years and not used to me painting tits. I was terrified.
My daughter walked into the room and said something similar to “cool, I like those”. Later, my son walked in and something like “I didn’t know you could paint”. My secret life was brought into my private life.
My secret life was brought into my private life.
The next step was to publish this. And, so I did. I brought my secret life into my public life. The response was very positive. This breakthrough moment set me off on a course of me showing more about my true self to a wider audience. At some moment, I simply did not care much about the seven billion imaginary critics, they have for most part vanished.
At this point, I need to stress, though that the LCS is not the only description of reality I study and incorporate into my life and work. I look at old and new models, think of the Hermetica, Gnosticism, Magic, Tarot, ESP and Digital Realities to name a few. LCS is a modern model and appeals to me due to the particular use of metaphors and language.
I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.Max Planck – inventor of quantum physics – in The Observer. London, United Kingdom; January 25, 1931.
The Larger Consciousness System (LCS) that I elaborate on below, is a fundamental concept in Thomas Campbell’s theory called My Big Theory Of Everything, My Big TOE in short. The LCS has become the cornerstone of my applied research into my creativity and imagination because the predictions I make based on this theory seem to come through.
The Simulation Theory by Thomas Campbell
On this page, I describe how I understand Thomas Campbell’s model. Thomas is a physicist and one of the earliest scientists who scientifically explored consciousness. You can read more about him and his simulation theory on his website. His co-authored paper called “On Testing the Simulation Theory” is at this web page and here his free book. The physics and calculation are above my pay grade and too complicated for me to explain, however, my goals that after you read this post, it is easier for you to understand his simulation theory and feel more comfortable to get started to apply the tools.
In this section, I attempt to answer the question: what is the Larger Consciousness System. Let me say already at this stage that we do not understand, and we will not fully comprehend. That is to say; we will not know from within a human avatar body. However, through observation and reasoning, we do arrive at some conclusion.
Building blocks and assumptions
- Consciousness is fundamental, and the speed of light is a constant (these are the assumption, all else is derived from these assumptions)
- everything is part of something called the Larger Consciousness System
- everything is data, information
- the system evolves, it learns
- within the LCS are smaller consciousnesses called Individuated Unit of Consciousness (IUC)
- chaos, high entropy, unstructured data means devolution
- order, low entropy and structured data indicates evolution
- IUC is self-aware and has free will
- The intention is the key driver, thoughts and actions are secondary
- The intent to collaborate leads to low entropy, and this is (or seems to be) the goal of the system
- An IUC that does not cooperate adds to a higher entropy, a devolution or chaos
- love is Tom’s word for collaboration and low entropy; it is about “the other”
- fear is Tom’s word for non-collaboration; it is about me
- our reality is a subset of this larger consciousness system
- we are each an IUC and are outside this material-based reality
- This reality we consider as real and, to most people, the only reality
- this reality can also be viewed as a virtual reality, although this is only a metaphor
- we experience space and time, in the LCS there is no such attribute
- we can be in multiple realities simultaneously as from the LCS perspective there is no such thing as time
What are rules
- This virtual reality has logic, rules and limitations
- we discover rules and some we call “laws of physics” like gravity
- the material world is a simulation, and we experience materials as real
- contemporary science is good at the investigation of this material rule set
- this material rule set is a subset of the Larger Consciousness System (LCS)
- there are other rules active in this reality that defy the material rule set, for example, telepathy
- these are rules that transgress between this reality and the LCS, other logic applies
- we also discover that we cannot measure everything
- cause and effect create a linear time experience
- we experience time as linear
- this VR has rules like in a game
- gravity rule dictates that things hold up in the air and dropped, will fall towards the centre of the earth
- touch rule says that if you hit the table with your hand, you feel the table as being hard and possibly, your hand hurts
- sound law tells us that the ear, nervous system and brain pick vibrations between certain frequencies which we perceive as sound
- Many rules in this model equal our physical scientific laws
- to change a rule, you would have to rewrite the source (code), but consciousness is not a computer
- The clock speed approximately a Planks length, many times faster than the speed of light
- Past, presence, and future are probabilistic;
- history is determined and includes variations of what might have happened
- the current moment is of approximately a Planck time (intervals of intervals around 5.39×10-44 s) or a Planck length (around 1.62×10−35 m)
- future becomes more and more undetermined the further you go into it
Experience the rules
- There is no real body, you experience a body
- Therefore, there is no death, we undergo a transition within consciousness itself
- However, pain and misery, to name a few, are real human experiences
- you experience yourself now as a character, a real being, a person
- your experience this subset of the larger consciousness system, this VR, through the five senses
- to experience other subsets of the larger consciousness system, you turn off or subdue those five senses
- you do this by silencing your mind, stop thinking
- Other subgroups or realities have slightly or radically different rule sets
- the dream reality is such a subset you are familiar with
- Inside a dream, you might find it difficult to run, until you learn that you do not need legs and muscles to run. You can choose where to go to
- lots of practice and diligent analysis gives you more and more control over other realities
Measure the progress
Where to look
- You can learn in other simulations, as you learn here
- when you are outside this simulation, you can affect your avatar, to some extent
- determine what needs to change, zoom in on fears, we all have those
- changes can be radical, but in most cases happen gradually
- Nudge the probability within the probability space, step by step.
- The more rules in a person, family or society, the higher the entropy
- if you collaborate because that is who you are and others benefit, the entropy goes down, and things go smoothly
- if you gather stuff, influence and power the entropy goes up; people do not cooperate, and you need rules and laws
- societies with many rules tend to have a low base morality. Societies with a high moral standard need less rules.
- Your entropy goes up when you tell others what to think, how to behave and what to say. Your Entropy goes up also when you think you know what is better for another human being and when you get angry when someone says something you don’t like. If you help others because you feel that makes you a better person, your intentions are about yourself.
- You lower your entropy when you help yourself, help others, and you care.
- You do not help yourself when you accept everything, are passive and play the role of a peaceful and loving being. This behaviour is called delusion.
How to adjust
- To make change happen, there is a toolkit
- intention could be like a goal or realism, imagine you have already reached that goal
- attention can be exercised as a belief, through concentration and as part of a ritual
- intensity, could for example a strong emotion, trauma or shock
- repetition, like in rituals, but if a shock is involved, it might not be needed to a lesser degree
- need; is this about your ego or does it benefit others so ask yourself “why am I doing this?”
- Combining the above with silencing the mind gives access to the larger consciousness system
- “You get what you need, not what you want.”
- It is easy to fool yourself and to pretend to be a better person does not make you a better person, it could help though
- Family, friends and the people you interact with act as a mirror of your progress